Sunday, October 25, 2009

The design pricing formula

Pricing is a task a lot of designers struggle with. I receive questions on a weekly basis to prove it. As much as I want to, I can’t tell you what you should be charging. The design pricing formula explains why.

design pricing formula

(Updated following this comment from James Chartrand.)

No-one knows better than you how much talent you have, and every project specification is different. If your client is asking for a rush-job, they’ll expect to pay a higher rate.

The physical location of my clients doesn’t change what I charge, but it could alter what the client is willing to spend.

Here are some pricing articles to help.

About design pricing

And a few previous ones here on my blog.

Related posts on David Airey dot com

Best of interior and architecture

No comments:

Post a Comment